Birst, an Infor company, announced Birst 7, a new software release that brings centralized and decentralized analytics to the enterprise, in a single platform. The new release empowers enterprises to deliver trusted, governed insights, across the organization, balancing freedom and control, through a modern, consumer-grade user interface designed for scalability and speed.
Birst 7 provides an entirely new data modeling experience that extends Birst’s data warehouse automation technology and a completely re-imagined administration module for managing centralized and decentralized deployments, including new auditing features and more granular user management capabilities. This enables enterprise organizations to democratize data modeling while still maintaining centralized compliance and governance. Key capabilities include enterprise data modeling and self-service data preparation in a unified, easy-to-use interface, enterprise administration with advanced data orchestration, and Birst Smart Analytics.
Birst Smart Analytics is a new set of AI-enabled capabilities that elevate organizations above traditional reports and dashboards, using machine learning algorithms to power intelligent insights not previously available to business users.
The Birst 7 software release is generally available now, as both a cloud-based offering and as an on-premise virtual appliance. The virtual appliance offers the exact same capabilities, upgrade path and level of support as the enterprise cloud version, so enterprises can move from one deployment model to another to meet their strategic and operational goals.
Birst 7 enables organizations to create enterprise-wide, trusted Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and complex enterprise data models, and, at the same time, it allows decentralized teams to extend analytics with their own data, in a way that is easy to use, scalable and repeatable. In addition, control of centrally managed data assets can be shared with decentralized teams, without the need to replicate or duplicate data, ensuring continuity and trust.
Summary: Birst 7 Key Capabilities & Competitive Differentiators
- Unified, easy-to-use, consumer grade interface for creating centralized (enterprise) tenants and decentralized (self-service data preparation) tenants with a single click – including the ability to copy tenants for centralized and decentralized teams.
- New, enterprise experience for modeling large, complex schemas using Birst’s patented Automated Data Refinement (ADR) technology. This includes the ability to create and update ADR scripted sources, clone sources, and levels and grains, in a single user experience for centralized teams.
- Fully cloud-managed Birst Connect 2.0 connectivity framework, with one-click migration for live access sources, including a new, easy-to-use interface for uploading complex flat files with advanced parsing capabilities and shared connections for centralized and decentralized teams.
- Full application metadata and user-defined object localization in more than 40+ languages for a completely personalized user experience for decentralized teams.
- New, unified interface for creating and managing complex variables and row-level security, at the individual tenant level, providing rich customization and personalization features for decentralized teams.
- New enterprise administration capabilities for cloning complex data-orchestration workflows, transferring tenant ownership between centralized and decentralized teams, clearing tenant extraction and processing, and new, limited monitoring roles for decentralized teams.
- Self-service data preparation automated transformations, with advanced pivot transforms, to seamlessly pivot data from rows into columns without any scripting or complex SQL for decentralized teams.
- New Application Programming Interface (API) endpoints to generate formatted, print-ready outputs for dashboards and reports, including new export-to-PowerPoint capabilities for visualizer reports and entire dashboards.