The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and the Global Mining Guidelines Group (GMG) announced they have agreed to a liaison to help further the development of the industrial internet. Under the agreement, the IIC and GMG will work together to align efforts to maximize interoperability, portability, security and privacy for the industrial internet.
Joint activities between the IIC and GMG will include:
- Identifying and sharing IIoT best practices
- Collaborating on standardization
- Collaborating on interoperability in mining through the two organizations respective committees, working groups and task groups
- Collaborating in IIoT adoption by co-creating reference architectures, methodologies and guidelines
- Participating in a joint workshop to exchange ideas and information
The IIC Liaison Working Group is the gateway for formal relationships with standards and open-source organizations, consortia, alliances, certification and testing bodies and government entities/agencies.