The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC), now incorporating OpenFog, and the Linux Foundation's LF Edge announced they have agreed to a liaison to work together to advance their shared interests. Under the agreement, the IIC and LF Edge will work together to align efforts to maximize interoperability, portability, security and privacy for the industrial Internet.
Joint activities between the IIC and LF Edge will include:
- Identifying and sharing practices;
- Collaborating on test beds and experimental projects;
- Working towards interoperability by harmonizing architecture and other elements;
- Collaborating on common elements;
- Other activities which both parties agree to cooperate in to advance the activities above
LF Edge brings together a software stack with telecom, cloud and enterprise (representing location, latency and mobility differentiation) through projects, including Akraino Edge Stack, EdgeX Foundry, Home Edge, Open Glossary of Edge Computing and Project EVE.
LF Edge and the IIC have agreed to meet regularly to exchange information, with a targeted joint workshop still in the works.