Rockwell Automation announced the release of new industrial PCs and software to help improve the reliability and security of visualization applications. Visualization systems can be among the more expensive plant floor systems to maintain and can be a common target for unauthorized users looking to access control system assets and intellectual property.
The new industrial Allen-Bradley VersaView 6300 PCs and thin clients combine with FactoryTalk View human-machine interface (HMI) software and ThinManager thin-client management software to create a complete visualization system. For mission critical applications, users can deploy ThinManager redundancy or a VersaView 6300 PC running local and remote applications to help ensure greater reliability if server communications are lost.
In addition, each model in the VersaView 6300 family is individually designed to help to minimize or remove frequent points of failure, such as fans and connectors, which helps to reduce costs and extends the life of the PC.
Customers can help to enhance cybersecurity when they use the new industrial PCs with ThinManager software, because ThinManager software allows applications to run and be maintained from a central and/or secure location.
The new Allen-Bradley VersaView 6300B box PCs and thin clients are available in multiple options to help match user application needs. Other benefits include:
- Atom-class book mount units are lightweight and suited for HMI, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) gateway and data-logging applications.
- i Class book mount units have a compact yet powerful design to help provide space savings in control cabinets
- i Class wall mount units can provide higher performance at a lower price.
- Both book and wall mount units are available in fanless construction, making them suited for applications requiring lower maintenance.
- Fan cooled units will be offered for applications where additional cooling may be required.
The new Allen-Bradley VersaView 6300P panel PCs are scalable to meet a range of performance requirements. Other benefits include:
- They’re available in display sizes from 12.1 to 24 inches and offer processing power based on the seventh-generation Core i3, i5 and i7 of the Intel Kaby Lake H platform.
- These units are available with analog resistive touchscreens as well as projected capacitive touchscreens for applications utilizing multi-touch software
- Fanless design construction helps to reduce maintenance needs.
- True flat touchscreens have reduced bacteria-harboring nooks and crannies to help provide a sanitary work surface in food and beverage applications.
VersaView 6300 industrial PCs include Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC, the latest Microsoft Windows 10 IoT enterprise version. Ethernet ports are also gigabit ports to handle higher volume network traffic.