Schneider Electric Introduces New Dispatch Services to Help Simplify Management of Distributed IT
Schneider Electric announced the launch of Dispatch Services, a new solution that addresses the management of distributed IT across sites. Designed for single-phase systems in edge environments, Dispatch Services provides remote troubleshooting and on-site support for customers and partners monitoring with EcoStruxure IT Expert. By simplifying the management of edge computing sites, end users can help to further reduce OpEx, improve cost predictability and avoid costly business interruptions, while partners can add to their managed service portfolio to deliver additional value to customers.
Integrated into the EcoStruxure IT data center infrastructure management platform, Dispatch Services adds to a portfolio of software and services designed to help IT and data center professionals manage their critical IT infrastructure on-premise, in the cloud and at the edge. With this solution, customers and partners can monitor their environments using EcoStruxure IT Expert, a key component of the EcoStruxure IT platform that provides secure monitoring and visibility to help simplify IT infrastructure management, and outsource to Schneider Electric the remote troubleshooting and on-site services, with parts and labor included, for greater flexibility to help fit their needs. Predictive analytics purpose-built for edge and data center environments allows users to better pinpoint when and how service is required to help expedite and enhance the maintenance process.
Dispatch Services adds to the distributed IT monitoring and services offerings within the EcoStruxure IT portfolio by providing customers with the added support to help resolve issues faster and reduce maintenance costs. Additional benefits include:
- Predictive monitoring & maintenance: Users can now troubleshoot critical alarms and remediate hardware issues often before they impact operations.
- More simplified budget planning: With parts, labor and travel expenses included, maintenance budgeting becomes more simplified by predicting and amortizing costs over time.
- Freed customer resources: Allows employees to spend more time on their core business, and less time on maintaining and optimizing IT infrastructure.
- Advanced scheduling coordination: Enterprises can help to avoid delays through quicker access to Schneider Electric’s support team for advanced troubleshooting and service dispatch.
- Enhanced value for IT partners: While EcoStruxure IT Expert for Partners and the open API allows IT solution providers to have an active role in monitoring, Dispatch Services helps them bring more value to their customers by leveraging Schneider Electric to perform troubleshooting and field service activities.
Schneider Electric Releases IP & NEMA Rated EcoStruxure Micro Data Centers for Rugged Indoor Environments
Schneider Electric announced the expansion of its IP and NEMA rated EcoStruxure Micro Data Center R-Series for rugged indoor environments. The new micro data centers offer a faster and simpler way to deploy and manage edge computing infrastructure in challenging indoor spaces for industrial use. The six new models are available in 16U, 24U, and 42U sizes starting in December in the United States and Canada. They will be available in Europe early next year.
EcoStruxure Micro Data Center solutions are configurable, pre-packaged, enclosed rack systems that include power, cooling, security, and management. They have been reported save up to 40 percent in field engineering costs, get systems to market 20 percent faster, and reduce maintenance costs by 7 percent. Micro data centers leverage existing infrastructure and have been reported to reduce capital expenses by up to 42 percent over a traditional build. The new R-Series helps to reinforce these benefits and help customers to alleviate difficulties based on being:
- Built to withstand harsh indoor environments and applications. Industrial edge environments can be challenging with high levels of dust, moisture, and wide temperature variations.
- Managed remotely with Schneider Electric’s portfolio of software and services when there’s limited-to-no on-site IT staff. EcoStruxure IT, an open, vendor-agnostic platform, provides additional power and flexibility for users to manage critical infrastructure on their own, with a partner, or to allow Schneider Electric's service engineers to manage the assets for them.
- Equipped with security features that allow it to go in unsecured locations.
- Able to standardize design across multiple environments with a single, all-in-one-solution, which is easier to deploy and maintain than disparate systems.