Schneider Electric is unveiling an array of new technologies and software solutions at Hannover Messe 2023 to help industries address the global priorities of energy security, resource efficiency, and sustainability.
The innovations Schneider Electric is announcing at the event span its IoT-enabled, plug-and-play, open, interoperable architecture and platform, EcoStruxure, to help drive efficiency in industries. They include:
- EcoStruxure Automation Expert V23.0: One of the first software-centric industrial automation systems now delivers software-based redundant automation solutions for the water desalination market. This extends the EcoStruxure Automation Expert portfolio to become a single control software platform that helps to bring convergence across machine, hybrid, and process industrial operations. New features in V23.0 include enhanced integration with AVEVA System Platform to reuse graphics from existing applications for faster system design, and a new graphical editor for procedural automation, which helps to improve operational effectiveness. The new release brings multi-OS compatibility with the EcoStruxure Automation Expert HMI, and the archive is now available on Linux, in addition to Windows, which allows users to develop similar objects across all compatible operating systems.
- Motor management: The latest release of Schneider Electric’s motor management solutions are delivered with new Spacial SFN enclosures that protect equipment in many conditions and enable faster and more flexible panel assembly with over 1,000 possible configurations. The new enclosures are built with 35 percent less CO2 emissions than previous iterations, due to the use of decarbonized steel materials. The new Altivar ATV320 solar drives help to ensure a more reliable power supply for the motor management solutions with on- and off-grid compatibility and provide more environmentally friendly pumping solutions without producing any CO2 emissions. The updated solution is more robust and can handle more than 50 percent added static weight to accommodate solutions from across the TeSys range of motor starters and equipment.
- GM AirSeT Performance: With the new AirSeT, Schneider Electric extends and further strengthens its sustainable SF6-free portfolio, which avoids the use of this harmful greenhouse gas. The gas-insulated switchgear helps industrial customers better manage tightening F-gas regulations and eliminates the requirement for gas recycling from their installations. Based on pure air and natively digital connectivity with integrated services, the GM AirSeT Performance is the most powerful and resilient SF6-free medium voltage switchgear in the Schneider Electric portfolio and is suitable for most energy-intensive and critical infrastructure projects.
- Easy UPS 3-Phase Modular (50-250kW/400V) – Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS): This new solution helps to better optimize capital expenditures with a pay-as-you-grow model and features that help to lower the cost of site acceptance testing by eliminating the need for an expensive load bank. The solution is an IEC-certified modular UPS with live swap modules that deliver Class-1 power protection and availability in a more compact design, making it suited for small and medium data centers, as well as business-critical commercial and industrial applications.
- PowerLogic P7 Protection Relay: This next-generation power protection and control platform is designed for more complex, demanding, and advanced industrial applications to help maximize operational efficiency, power availability, and electricity security. It provides an improved digital experience to help reduce complexity at various stages of the product lifecycle. Performance and flexibility have been increased to deliver a more modular, cybersecure, and future-proof platform, which is prepared for virtualization. It is adaptable for specific requirements with new application-oriented firmware and added Ethernet communication modules and I/O boards.
Apps, analytics, and services
- ETAP: A new and integrated electrical digital twin platform is being introduced to manage the electrical system lifecycle, from design and engineering to operations and maintenance. It helps to empower users to further increase productivity, collaboration, and efficiency, and helps to enable their energy transition journey.
- AVEVA: Now fully owned by Schneider Electric and operated as an independent and autonomous business, AVEVA is introducing its new vision for industrial software, which is an agnostic and cloud-enabled platform that companies can use to help collaborate, innovate, and share data through the connected industrial economy. AVEVA’s digital twin, a foundation of an industrial metaverse, will help to bring this vision to life. From asset design to asset optimization, AVEVA's vision demonstrates how the value of well-managed industrial information helps to drive efficiency and sustainability.
- Services: Schneider Electric is releasing details about the company’s refreshed services portfolio, including the newly-launched Industrial Digital Transformation Service that helps industrial companies accelerate their digital transformation. These services are designed to help industrial customers reach their sustainability goals, tackle their key challenges, and derive the benefits of diverse energy portfolios with greener energy sources.