Siemens Digital Industries Software and MaRS Discovery District, a Toronto-based innovation hub, have partnered to provide over 1,400 Canadian science and technology companies with access to Siemens’ Xcelerator portfolio of software and services to support and accelerate the development of autonomous and connected vehicle technologies. The design and simulation software can help companies in the MaRS ecosystem conduct early design development and advanced verification of autonomous function and performance systems.
Startup companies are at the forefront of engineering and product innovation and they encounter similar complex design challenges as their larger counterparts, so it’s vital that they build a foundation of digital technology that enable expansion and growth as company needs evolve. Most startups begin with core CAD and CAE technologies but evolving product complexity, for example the quantity of parts and design complexity, often require additional capabilities, such as data management, advanced simulation, and manufacturing software. MaRS understands these needs and challenges and strives to provide foundational services to their startup community that enable development and growth.
The partnership offers MaRS clients access to multiple solutions of Siemens’ Xcelerator portfolio including:
- Solid Edge software for 3D CAD, simulation, and design management,
- NX software for advanced high-performance 3D computer aided design (CAD),
- the Teamcenter portfolio for product data and lifecycle management,
- Simcenter 3D software for fully integrated CAE addressing multidisciplinary product performance engineering,
- Simcenter Prescan software for advanced simulation of autonomous systems, helping to reduce field testing and expand coverage over infinite possible real-world scenarios.
- Other solutions of the Xcelerator portfolio will also be made available as needed and requested.
MayaHTT, a long-time Siemens partner with unique expertise in addressing complex technical challenges from chip design to full vehicle system validation will support MaRS companies with software deployment and training services.