Telit, a global enabler of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, announced Telit OneEdge, a new initiative developed to help speed IoT deployments and reduce the time required to monetize the digitalization of businesses.
OneEdge is a software suite enabling solutions for a new generation of Telit’s cellular LPWA IoT modules. With integrated, more secure, easier-to-use tools, it reportedly helps to simplify design, deployment and management of IoT products and solutions, enabling a transition into the new 5G super-connected world.
OneEdge helps to solve long-standing challenges related to integration, scalability, management and costs that solution architects and their enterprise customers face as they implement IoT to help transform their businesses. The offering is designed to help accelerate solutions to market in an industry that is expected to scale to a reportedly three million-plus new cellular connections per day by 2023.
OneEdge can help to provide faster implementation and shorten time to value by providing:
- Zero touch on-boarding – helping to make products operate more automatically “out of the box,” which can help to lower costs of initial deployment, and help to make it simpler and more secure.
- Device management – managing data and cellular systems needed to connect devices to the Cloud or Enterprise, which helps to ensure each device has the most up to date firmware and application software.
- Security built-in at point of manufacture – helping to harden products to attacks, leveraging layers of security from the module through cellular transport to the delivery of information to customer’s systems.
- SIM-less cellular subscription management – integrating directly into the LPWA module, simWISE is a subscriber identification solution that can help to provide a reduction in cost and complexity for IoT deployments, such as spanning multiple geographies / multiple carrier coverage for guaranteed SLAs.
- Edge programmability – providing tools to help normalize data and define the logic and behavior of devices. It also helps to simplify and automate the tasks of sending and receiving data and managing cellular connections between devices, clouds and enterprises.
- More simplified enterprise integration – helping to enable the integration of IoT solutions into customers enterprise systems and business processes to consume and extract value from device data.
OneEdge will first be available on Telit’s ME910C1 category M1 and NB1 module series with general availability in the first half of 2019.