Emerging technologies and practices will disrupt the status quo for industrial companies. Whether it is called Industrial Internet of Things, Smart Manufacturing, or something else, there is clearly a significant shift underway. Information-driven, highly efficient competitors with innovative business models will enjoy a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
ARC’s Digital Transformation Strategies workshops help companies position themselves to take advantage of emerging opportunities and counter competitive threats.
Your Digital Transformation Roadmap
Through a series of interactive workshops, ARC analysts and your team develop a comprehensive IT/OT technology strategy and roadmap for production operations. In the process, business leaders and managers start by developing a common understanding of emerging digital technologies and possibilities. They then build a shared commitment to a roadmap for deploying and using the technologies, and the changes to people, processes, systems, and information that must be taken into account.
With this roadmap, industrial companies can be confident that they can drive digital transformation strategy that will carry them into the future.
Digital Transformation Benefits for Industry
- Reduce Operating Costs
- Reduce Unscheduled Downtime
- Improve Asset Performance
- Optimize Supply Chain
- Increase Capacity
- Employee Engagement
Typical Challenges to Overcome
The industry is at an inflection point, starting to move beyond the old way of doing things.
- It’s easy to underestimate the disruptive potential of the exponential pace of technology change in artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics and big data, cloud computing etc.
- Your organization has baked-in but unrecognized biases that reinforce traditional approaches and the status quo
- Business leaders hold multiple and inconsistent views of the needed changes
- Technology itself is not a good enough reason to change – but innovation is definitely needed
Step into the Future
Today, there are a number of disruptive technologies at work. What’s important and what’s not? What’s real and what’s too futuristic? What steps should be taken now, to be prepared for the future? ARC’s Digital Transformation Strategies workshops are a structured way to:
- Understand the significance of emerging IT/OT/IoT technologies and trends and the potential opportunities and threats they pose
- Compare your current production operations to modern/future practices and to other companies
- Determine a specific and appropriate next-generation technologies strategy for production operations that supports your business goals
- Plan to manage organizational change issues
- Identify a logical series of steps to take in order to move from your 'as-is' to your 'to-be' state
- Identify and select appropriate technology/solution partners for the digital transformation journey
ARC Can Help
For more information on how ARC's Digital Transformation Workshops can benefit you, please contact us.