This guide will help you select the best Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for your business requirements.
Make Informed, Fact-based MES Technology Decisions
This guide contains guidance, specific selection criteria, and supplier profiles to help team members make more insightful decisions, find common ground with lower risk and faster time to benefit.
Succeeding in today’s competitive global climate requires innovation and operational excellence along several dimensions. Modern MES solutions incorporate new technologies, such as mobile smart devices and new intuitive applications that enable users to respond to changing market conditions and reduce costs.
Companies are looking to make the best technology decision to improve time-to–value, increase operational efficiency, and comply with regulations.
MES solutions help improve visibility, make sense of big data, accommodate the new generation of tech-savvy millennial workers, and reduce costs. MES solutions include production management, operations intelligence, workforce enforcement, batch management, material tracking, quality management, short term planning and scheduling and more.
MES solutions provide process manufacturers with the means to plan and schedule, track and analyze, and direct and operate their operations. MES software improves visibility, compliance, track and trace, and the bottom line.
ARC is the industry-leading provider of market knowledge, trends and supplier information for MES solutions.
The MES market is diverse, with each industry having its own distinct applications and suppliers. The selection guide explores user objectives, technical selection criteria, and applications with information about best practices, market trends, supplier industry segments, and geographic regions. The guide can help answer key questions such as:
- What MES functions are needed?
- What features should be considered when comparing suppliers?
- How does MES software integrate with the installed base of solutions, business systems, and new technologies?
- What are some of the key technologies users are implementing?
- Which suppliers have success in your industry?
- What are the best practices of other users?
- How are big data, mobility, cloud, and the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) affecting CPM solutions?
ARC has been researching the MES market for over two decades. Based on this knowledge, ARC analysts have developed a comprehensive set of criteria to help manufacturing companies select the best MES solution to meet their needs now and in the future.
Table of Contents
- Major Trends
- Industry Trends
- Regional Trends
- Strategies for Success
- Factors for Adoption
- Factors Inhibiting Adoption
- Business Goals
- Product or Solution Functions & Features
- Basic Featurs
- Advanced Features
- Service Requirements
Survey: Automation Maturity
Leading Supplier Analysis
- Market Shares of the Leading Suppliers
- Market Shares by Region
- Market Shares by Functional Type
- Market Shares by Industry
Leading Supplier Profiles
For More Information
For more information on this technology guide or to discuss how we can help you, please contact us.