ABB announced the release of its next generation of magnetostrictive liquid level transmitters that will help improve level measurement for a wide variety of applications in oil, gas, chemical and power generation industries.
The new LMT Series of magnetostrictive level transmitters' principle of operation and simple setup help ensure that total and/or interface levels are always measured reliably and accurately, minimizing downtime and maximizing process efficiency and operating profits.
Key features of Magnetostrictive Liquid Level Transmitters include:
- Certified to Safety integrity level 2 (SIL2) and systematic capability 3 (SC3) according to IEC61508 and can be used in applications area of IEC61511-1 up to SIL-2(HFT=0) and SIL3(HFT=1)
- High accuracy: 0.01% of full scale or ± 1.27mm for total level and/or interface measurement with patented AccuTrack Sensor technology
- HART 7 digital communication and 4 to 20mA analog output
- First magnetostrictive level transmitter with Through The Glass (TTG) touch screen interface and Integrated and Interactive Waveform
- Packaged in ABB’s common instrumentation platform resulting in simplified operation, maintenance and training to provide a common user experience.
- Highly accurate and reliable for the 3-in-1 measurement of total level, interface and temperature variables with the direct insertion model.
- RoHS 2.0 and NAMUR standards with global Hazloc ATEX/IECEx, cFMus, NEPSI, CRN approvals
- Online self-verification and diagnostics feature for easy commissioning and troubleshooting to deliver one of the best-in-class asset optimization
The new LMT Series level transmitters, available as the LMT100 direct insertion model, and the non-intrusive LMT200 model, are mountable on any magnetic level gauge. According to ABB, the result is an accurate, safer, more reliable and easier way to maintain the level measurement system.