Autodesk, Inc. announced a suite of new capabilities across Autodesk Construction Cloud, making it easier for construction project teams to use and maximize the value of BIM from the office to the field. The enhancements provide all stakeholders with immediate access to model data and information that’s relevant, empowering team members to simplify workflows and make critical decisions faster. Also announced were advancements to Schedule and Cost Management capabilities within Autodesk Build, the e construction management and field collaboration solution of Autodesk Construction Cloud, aimed at helping customers deliver construction projects on time and on budget.
With the new advancements launched across Autodesk Construction Cloud, construction teams can get immediate access to and work more easily with BIM data, empowering stakeholders to use model data to identify potential project impacts, operate more efficiently and make better decisions.
- Model-Based Workflows in Assets – Assets in Autodesk Build are now mapped and visualized in 3D using the latest design model, providing field teams with up-to-date asset tracking and equipment details. This simple automation helps to prevent errors associated with outdated model data and makes it easier to connect assets to RFIs, Submittals, Issues, Schedule, and other workflows.
- Model Property Breakdown – Massive design files can now be parsed out into more digestible portions by creating custom views of model properties that are relevant to that day’s work. Now, customers can simply select or deselect elements including levels, property categories, rooms, disciplines, objects, or a custom property, to create a more readily and easily shareable view of the model. Model Property Breakdown will be available in Autodesk Build, Autodesk BIM Collaborate and Autodesk Docs. Read more and watch a video about this new feature on our blog.
- Publish to the Field – VDC teams in Autodesk BIM Collaborate can create and share ad hoc views and sign-off models with field stakeholders using a mobile device, all without leaving Autodesk BIM Collaborate. Paired with Model Property Breakdown, these tools remove manual steps, simplify model data for the field, and save time for the entire project. Publish to the Field is currently in open beta.
- Extended File Support for Mobile – Now customers can use their mobile app at the jobsite to navigate and interact with an expanded list of supported 2D and 3D design file types, including DWGs and 2D RVTs.
- Reality Capture in Autodesk Construction Cloud – Files from reality capture such as laser scans or photogrammetry can now be brought directly into Autodesk Construction Cloud, enabling VDC teams to record precise measurements, aggregate with other models, identify and resolve issues, take progress snapshots, and provide comprehensive closeout documentation. For example, using reality capture methods like laser scanning or photogrammetry, project teams can create and work with 3D models of existing structures, such as for new builds with existing facades or capturing existing conditions for infrastructure projects, all within Autodesk Construction Cloud.
Additional enhancements now available in Autodesk Build include new workflows for project management and financials, such as:
- Performance Tracking in Cost Management – With the new Performance Tracking toolset in Cost Management, self-performing contractors can analyze productivity and cost data in ‘near’ real-time to gain clear visibility into the potential risk of schedule delays and cost overruns to enable accurate forecasting.
- Schedule Compare and Version Control – Robust version compare now allows users to visually compare up to five different versions of a schedule to quickly identify activity changes. New version control capabilities introduced include a change history log and unique distribution lists for each schedule update.