The push to sustainability and the enforcement of increasingly stringent environmental laws are driving growth in the market for emission monitoring systems. ARC’s report on the global emission monitoring systems market includes device-specific segmentations such as system type, revenue category, intelligence, component type, application type, measure variable, transmission method, sales channel, and customer type. Emission regulations continue to narrow emission limits, requiring plants to measure increasingly lower concentrations of pollutants. Furthermore, regulatory agencies, especially those in developed nations, have been continuously adding monitoring regulations on various new components. One example of this is new regulations on mercury emissions. For a long time, regulatory agencies in many nations did not require monitoring of mercury emissions. As the awareness about mercury’s harmful effects has increased, however, many countries have started regulating mercury emissions. Under the MATS, the US EPA requires power plants to monitor their mercury emission levels. Many other countries have also started regulating mercury emission levels in various industries.
"Emissions monitoring system (EMS) market growth is mainly led by the electric power generation, incineration, and chemical industries. As governments around the world continue to enforce strict monitoring regulations on industries such as oil & gas, refining, ARC expects demand for EMS from these industries to increase significantly in the future. Rapid industrialization is one of the overwhelming contributing factors to severe environmental damage. Continuous EMS (CEMS) is the traditional method of monitoring greenhouse gas emissions. CEMS is required by the majority of national environmental regulatory authorities. Now, predictive EMS (PEMS), an environmental protection agency (EPA)-approved EMS, is being accepted by many countries. PEMS is a software-based emission monitoring solution that uses an emission model to predict emission levels," according to Vidya Prasad Market Analyst and key author of ARC's Emission Monitoring Systems Market Research Report.
Emission Monitoring Systems Market Trends
In addition to providing detailed competitive market share data, the report also addresses key market trends as follows:
- End Users Exhibit a Preference for Extractive CEMS
- EPA Revised Substitute Data Provisions for Units with Delayed Quality Assurance Tests Due to COVID-19
- Companies Opting for CEMS that Utilize Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) CEMS
- PEMS Provides a Cost-Effective Alternative to CEMS
Leading Suppliers to the Emission Monitoring Systems Market Identified
In addition to providing specific market data and industry trends, this ARC market research also identifies and positions the leading suppliers to this market and provides and summarizes their relevant offerings. An alphabetical list of key suppliers covered in this analysis includes: Beijing SDL Technology Co. Ltd., Focused Photonics Inc., LIHERO Technology (Hunan), Siemens, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
About the Emission Monitoring Systems Research
The Emission Monitoring Systems report explores the current and future market performance and related technology and business trends and identifies leading technology suppliers. This new research is based on ARC’s industry-leading market research database, extensive primary and secondary research, and proprietary economic modelling techniques. The research includes competitive analysis, plus five-year market forecasts and up to 5 years of historical analysis segmented by Revenue Category, Sales Channel, World Region, Industry, Customer Type, Component, Transmission Method, Application Type, System Type, Measured Variable.
This new research is available in a variety of formats to meet the specific research and budgetary requirements of a wide variety of organizations. These include:
- Market Intelligence Workbook (Excel Power Pivot): A standard Workbook includes the base year market data and a five-year market forecast. This workbook enables licensed users to freely manipulate the data to make it easier to analyze the latest data for business intelligence and generate custom reports. Available with up to 5 years of historical analysis.
- Concise Market Analysis Report (PDF): This wide-screen presentation format makes it much easier to find detailed information on a market. This new format provides executives, business unit managers, and other authorized users with immediate access to in-depth market analysis, including analysis associated with every market data chart and figure. Included is an executive-level summary of the current market dynamics, five-year market forecast, and competitive analysis, plus an overview of strategic issues. The PDF is available with a comprehensive set of charts with associated analysis.
For more information on this and other available ARC market research, please visit our Market Data & Studies section.